- Senior Nurse Practitioner
- Band 6
- 37.5 hours per week
- Hollins Park Hospital
- £26,565 - £35,577 per annum
- 30/05/2018 23:59
North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (formerly known as 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust until 1st April 2017), provides physical health, mental health and learning disability services across the North West region. The Trust employs around 4000 staff across our sites and also has a Temporary Bank which offers the flexibility of working shifts around other commitments.
We are committed to providing safe, compassionate care and look to appoint people who are as passionate about patient care as we are.
Are you committed to providing outstanding patient care?
We have an opportunity for a caring, compassionate Deputy Ward Manager for Austen Ward. If you would like to support us in providing outstanding care, every time, we are keen to hear from you.
North West Boroughs Health Care NHS Foundation Trust provides treatment, support and guidance for a wide range of health issues, including physical, mental health and learning disability services.
Austen Ward provides care for service users with functional mental illnesses. We provide care for patients from the age of 18 years onwards who are first presentation or experiencing a relapse of mental health problems. The ward provides assessment and treatment for patients who may be detained under the mental health act or who choose to be in hospital voluntarily.
The role of a Deputy Ward Manager is vital to ensure we deliver safe, high quality care to our service users.
As a must have you will be:
- Passionate about delivering high levels of care and supporting people with a range of mental health illnesses
- An effective communicator and listener
- Flexible in terms of delivering care within a variety of environments
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to use your own initiative and work independently, under the supervision of a Ward Manager
- Able to demonstrate good numeracy and writing skills
Experience of working in an acute environment with people who are experiencing mental health problems is essential. Previous experience of using computers would be helpful, but training will be supplied.
We are keen to receive applications from experienced practitioners, but most importantly we are looking for considerate, supportive individuals who listen and care.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is £47.50 for an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.
As an employee of North West Boroughs Health Care, you will receive the following benefits:
- Free 24 hour access to our Health and Well-being Centre and gym at the Hollins Park site, including tai chi and Pilates classes
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (29 days after 5 years' and 33 days after 10 years’ service)
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- The opportunity to access a range of NHS discounts, such as Salary Sacrifice Car and Bikes for Staff Schemes.
- Regular supervision and access to a range of training courses at our Education centre
- Access to our Library at Hollins Park House, providing resources to support you in your development and/or research.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Philip Murphy, Austen Ward, 01925 664130
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01925 664431