- Band 6
- Permanent and 12 months fixed term
- 37.5 hours per week
- Birch Unit
- St Helens
- £26,565 - £35,577 per annum
- 23/01/2018 23:59
North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (formerly known as 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust until 1st April 2017), provides physical health, mental health and learning disability services across the North West region. The Trust employs around 4000 staff across our sites and also has a Temporary Bank which offers the flexibility of working shifts around other commitments.
We are committed to providing safe, compassionate care and look to appoint people who are as passionate about patient care as we are.
We are looking to recruit 2 committed and compassionate Band 6 Senior Nurse Practitioners to 1 x permanent and 1 x 12 month fixed term contract join the CAMHS Assessment and Response Team.
CART is Multidisciplinary Team that covers 4 boroughs of Warrington, Knowsley, st helens and halton 9-5pm mon-friday offering mental health assessments for children and young people under 18 years. We are also the single point of access for CAMHS so manage all referrals and offer a duty line to the public and professionals. The Team is working towards developing the THRIVE model in line with national and local transformation plans.
As a successful candidate you will have a sound clinical knowledge of all areas of mental health assessment. You should also be competent in risk assessment and management and have a local knowledge of services.
In addition, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills where they can work effectively with professionals from similar and other backgrounds as well as clients and their families / carers. They should be able to work independently as well as part of a closely supported team and have the ability to prioritise their work load effectively.
In return the successful candidate will benefit from;
• A friendly and supportive working environment
• The opportunity to work and develop services within an exciting and growing field of mental health care
• Managerial supervision and Professional Development opportunities
• Opportunities for both internal and external training
• Support to meet the standards within Liaison Nurse Key Skills & Competency Framework where required
• Flexible working opportunities
• A range of staff benefit schemes
You will need to be professionally registered and have a proven track record of Continuous Professional Development.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is £47.50 for an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.
As an employee of North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Trust, you will receive the following benefits:
• Free 24 hour access to our Health and Well-being Centre and Gym at the Hollins Park site, including tai chi and pilates classes
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (29 days after 5 years’ and 33 days after 10 years’ service)
• Access to the NHS pension scheme
• The opportunity to access a range of NHS discounts, such as the NHS Electronics Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Car and Bikes for Staff Schemes
• Regular supervision and access to a range of training courses at our Education Centre
• Access to our Library at Hollins Park House, providing resources to support you in your development and/or research
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lisa Simpson Team Manager 01925 579405
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01925 664856