- Health Visiting
- Band 6
- upto 37.5 hours per week
- Knowsley, Sefton, St Helens
- £26,565 - £35,577 per annum pro rata
- 26/04/2018 23:59
North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (formerly known as 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust until 1st April 2017), provides physical health, mental health and learning disability services across the North West region. The Trust employs around 4000 staff across our sites and also has a Temporary Bank which offers the flexibility of working shifts around other commitments.
We are committed to providing safe, compassionate care and look to appoint people who are as passionate about patient care as we are.
Have you recently qualified as a health visitor and are looking for an opportunity to consolidate your practice with help and support from dedicated Practice Development Mentors? Or are you an experienced health visitor looking to join a large community provider?
We have opportunities for full/part time Health Visitors across our 0-19 services across Knowsley, Sefton and St Helens.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified Health Visitor
- Be compassionate and competent
- Have thorough understanding and experience of public health issues, safeguarding practice, children's policy and recent health care development
- Demonstrate a willingness to innovate and practice flexibly
- Promote integrated working with partner agencies
As travel is an integral part of this post, please indicate your ability to meet this requirement.
You will work as part of an integrated 0-19 Team and will be required to support the full delivery of the Healthy Child Programme and be responsible for managing a caseload of universal partnership and partnership plus families.
You will also be involved in a range of public health activities within a geographical area, to include individuals, groups and communities. As a key stakeholder in the protection of children, you will be required to work collaboratively with other agencies to meet their needs.
Successful applicants will benefit from a full induction and preceptorship programme where appropriate.
Regular clinical and safeguarding supervision will also be provided as will access to relevant internal and external training/development opportunities.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is £47.50 for an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.
Why North West Boroughs Healthcare?
We are delighted to offer a range of great benefits for our people and hope that you agree some of these benefits will make a real difference:
- Free 24 hour access to our Health and Well-being Centre and Gym at the Hollins Park site, including tai chi and pilates classes
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (29 days after 5 years’ and 33 days after 10 years’ service)
- The opportunity to access a range of NHS discounts such as the NHS Electronics Scheme, Salary Sacrifice, Car and Bikes for Staff Schemes
- Regular supervision and access to a range of training courses at our Education Centre
- Access to our Library at Hollins Park House, providing resources to support you in your development and/or research
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Knowsley - Donna Wilson 0151 480 4066
Sefton - Dot Tinsley 07919 217873
St Helens - Janice Halsall 07917 001708
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01925 664441