- Health Visiting
- Band 6
- 37.5 & 22.5 hours per week
- Knowsley Borough
- £26,565 - £35,577 per annum
- 01/02/2018 23:59
North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (formerly known as 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust until 1st April 2017), provides physical health, mental health and learning disability services across the North West region. The Trust employs around 4000 staff across our sites and also has a Temporary Bank which offers the flexibility of working shifts around other commitments.
We are committed to providing safe, compassionate care and look to appoint people who are as passionate about patient care as we are.
Are you committed to providing outstanding patient care?
Health Visitors - full and part time vacancies.
We are seeking Health Visitors to join us in delivering the National Healthy Child Programme to children and families across Knowsley.
All applicants should:
** Must hold current NMC registration as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Health Visitor)**
- Have a thorough understanding and experience of public health issues, safeguarding practice, children’s policy and recent health care developments.
- Demonstrate a willingness to innovate and practice flexibly
- Evidence recent practice to the highest standard
- Promote integrated working with partner agencies
As this is a community post, the ability, means and willingness to travel between multiple sites in the course of performing duties is essential. The role will involve regular travel across all healthcare organisation sites in the Northwest Boroughs catchment area. Therefore, the post holder must be able to meet the travel requirements of this post. Please indicate on your application how you meet this requirement.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is £47.50 for an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.
As an employee of Northwest Boroughs, you will receive the following benefits:
• Free 24 hour access to our Health and Well-being Centre and Gym at the Hollins Park site, including tai chi and pilates classes
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (29 days after 5 years’ and 33 days after 10 years’ service)
• Access to the NHS pension scheme
• The opportunity to access a range of NHS discounts, such as the NHS Electronics Scheme, Salary Sacrifice Car and Bikes for Staff Schemes
• Regular supervision and access to a range of training courses at our Education Centre
• Access to our Library at Hollins Park House, providing resources to support you in your development and/or research
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Janet Morris, Head Of Service
Tel no 0151 676 5164
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01925 664856