- Adult/Later Life and Memory Services
- Foundation Year 3
- 6 Month to 2 years Fixed Term
- 40 per week
- Halton, Warrington, St Helens. Wigan & Knowsley
- F3 - CT1 depending on experience
- Today at 23:59
North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (formerly known as 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust until 1st April 2017), provides physical health, mental health and learning disability services across the North West region. The Trust employs around 4000 staff across our sites and also has a Temporary Bank which offers the flexibility of working shifts around other commitments.
We are committed to providing safe, compassionate care and look to appoint people who are as passionate about patient care as we are.
Start date: August 2018 (an early start date may be considered)
Salary: 2nd point of the F2 (£35,013 ) or 1st point on the Core Trainee pay-scale
plus banding at 1B 40%
Duration: 6-12 months
We are delighted to offer an exciting developmental role for a Clinical Fellow in Psychiatry
Applications are invited from candidates for innovative 6-12 month Clinical Fellow posts in General Adult or Old Age psychiatry.
Who should apply?
- Are you an aspiring psychiatrist?
- Have you successfully completed foundation training?
- Are you passionate about the future of psychiatry?
- Would you love the opportunity to gain experience in a clinical setting?
If you answered yes to the above questions, this role may be just what you’re looking for…
With a commitment to your own personal and professional development, this role at North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust will give you an opportunity to explore a role in clinical Psychiatry.
You will gain access to
- An excellent Medical Education programme and research opportunities
- All our Clinical Supervisors are trained Educational Supervisors
- Developmental opportunities for career progression (including in medical education & clinical leadership)
- Taster sessions in a variety of subspecialties including CAMHS, Learning Disability and Forensic Services
- Interview skills practice and portfolio guidance in preparation your next steps
- Trainees wishing to work flexible hours are welcome.
Applicants without GMC registration are welcome to submit an application, but please note that it is essential to have full and valid GMC registration prior to commencing in post.
Duties of post
- General adult or Old Age Psychiatry depending on your preference and service need
- You will provide daytime clinical services under supervision and contribute to the on call rota as first on call
- There are opportunities for inpatient, community and outpatient settings
- The successful candidate will have access to the local MRPsych academic programme and be encouraged to undertake MRPsych examinations
- You will have access to a highly regarded medical education team and a well-stocked centrally located library
- Paid study leave with expenses will be provided for appropriate qualifications
- North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has a strong culture of medical engagement and is keen to engage doctors in leadership activities appropriate to your level of training.
We would be delighted to discuss the posts further with you on the telephone number provided.
The Trust has academic links with the Universities of Liverpool and Manchester and has an active in-house academic programme.
Why North West Boroughs Healthcare?
We are delighted to offer a range of great benefits for our people and hope that you agree, some of these benefits will make a real difference to your working day!
- Free 24 hour access to our Health and Well-being Centre and Gym at the Hollins Park site, including tai chi and Pilates classes.
- Access to the NHS pension scheme.
- The opportunity to access a range of NHS discounts, such as the Salary Sacrifice Car and Bikes for Staff Schemes.
- Regular supervision and access to a range of training courses at our Education Centre.
- Access to our Library at Hollins Park House, providing resources to support you in your development and/or research.
We expect candidates to detail all previous posts in their application.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is £47.50 for an enhanced disclosure, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.
We are committed to the delivery of outstanding care for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate both our Trust values and our culture of compassionate care.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Brid McMahon, Lead Consultant (Medical Education): firstname.lastname@example.org or 0151 489 6137
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01925 664416